Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Am

I'm not sure where I first saw this, but ever since I did find it I absolutely love it. And I keep it on my desk to remind me that I shouldn't dwell in my past mistakes and regrets, because God doesn't.

I was regretting the past
and fearing the future.
Suddenly my Lord was speaking,
"My name is I Am"
He paused, I waited.
He continued,
"When you live in the past
with it's mistakes and regrets,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I WAS.
When you live in the future,
With it's problems and fears,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I WILL BE.
When you live in this moment
it is not hard. I am here.
My name is I Am.
Written by; Helen Mallicoat

1 comment:

Anieta McCracken said...

I'm behind reading your blog, and was catching up this morning (1/5/09) when I read this. And today is when I needed it. Isn't it neat that a blog saved this for me?