Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My New Cruet

Okay, so the title already has you bewildered. Right? Well, my Mom bought me a new Cruet.
I know everyone has some weird obsessions. Well, ONE of mine is my Cruet. And during
the summer some little kids (I wont mention any names, LOL) broke mine. We keep vinegar in
ours. And we use vinegar on almost everything we eat and I clean with it too. So it's a well used item.

Why post a story about it? Well, apparently Cruet's are a special obsession in my family. My Mom, my Aunts
and Grandma's all have one. Now, I know...most families have them. But we hit panic mode when ours is
out of commission. So when my Mom surprised me with this, I was so excited and I felt like my little friend
was back on my kitchen counter waiting to be used. So I went to the store bought red leaf and green leaf
lettuce so I could make lettuce salad with our home made dressing using vinegar, of course. Thanks Mom,
I love it!!

So what's an obsession you have? I also have a big obsession with baskets and paper. I have an
abundance of both! Share your normal and/or weird obsessions with us. I know my friend Sally from church on her blog shares that she loves animal crackers. Come on, share with us!!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, I didn't know they were called cruets! We always called it the "vinegar bottle" at home. Well, I am going to put that on my wish list because I want one. I am the only one in our house that uses vinegar, and I have just been pouring it out of the 1/2 gal. jug onto my spinach. I'm glad you have one again.

farmerswifederbymom said...

My Mom puts Olive Oil in hers. When I didn't have one cause it was broken, I poured it out of a gallon jug...you can imagine that didn't work. LOL.

Anieta McCracken said...

My obsession. . .well I DO my my cruet, but I'd be devastated if something happened to my collection of kerosene lamps, most of which came from a Mennonite store in Kalona, Iowa. In southern Iowa it was common for the electricity to go out, and so I treasurered these beautiful lamps. I also often lit them when my girls and I had tea.