Monday, January 26, 2009

It's A Southern Thing...

It's a Southern thing... you know, Snow Cream. Oh yes, I love Snow Cream. And after talking to a lot of Northern friends and family, I've come to believe that it's a Southern thing. Most didn't know what I was talking about. And if there are any Northerners who make it...I probably told ya'll how to make it. I guess, since we don't get much snow down here. When we did get it, we had to find something creative and delicious to do with it.

Snow Cream has a delicious taste, it's fun making it with your kids and you'll make lots of memories. I love making it with my kids, nieces and nephews. Just as my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles did with us. And I remember every single time we were sent out to get snow, they would (and still do) say "don't get the yellow snow". Like my kids, we've always had pets growing up, so we knew what they were talking about. And it just wouldn't be just perfect if it didn't have a little bit of dirt mixed in. After all as my Mom and Mother-In-Law say "dirt helps kids grow". Yeah, you read that right. That's what we get for living out in the country. Dirty kids, muddy carpets and all the time dirty floors. But we have to have a little in our Snow Cream. And my kids definitely make sure that happens.

So if by some chance Rockingham County and Harrisonburg, we get this "white death" as my Ohio cousin calls it....make some Southern Snow Cream. If you need the recipe, let me know.

Enjoy the weather as unpredictable as it may be and drive carefully!

No comments: