Thursday, September 18, 2008

Alex Owah...........I Saw His Face

In our area, there has been a problem with one of the local high school football teams and a few players. They broke the law and basically only one got in trouble for it. And one of the players that are out of jail and playing football, should not (in my opinion) be playing football. But in this area, football and especially this team....football is everything. A "take no prisoners" sort of deal, just win, win, win. So an opinion of alot of people is, he got off because of his "big name" football player status.

I personally have been very adamant about him not playing. I still feel that way, but...........

I saw his face, I saw him up close and personal. I've seen him play before, I've heard and read a tremendous amount of news about him. But this time was different. I didn't see him in a way of spoiled athlete, the "almighty" player alot portray him as or how the high school acts like he's the only player.

I saw him as a teenager that still has a future, as I want my kids to have. I saw him as a young man that could some day grow up to be a corporate lawyer, a Dad, a teacher, a Pro-football player and maybe a Pastor.
I saw him in a way any Mom would want other's to see their kids. I saw the teenager that messed up, but plans on going to a good university and make something of himself.

I saw myself as a person that is far from perfect and a person that hopes other's will forgive me when I make mistakes. Alex and I are alot alike....we're both human. And if we ask, God will forgive us. I do hope Alex straightens up and makes a good life for himself. Alex use your talents God gave you for good. Tim Tebow is one of my favorite football players, I pray his life is an inspiration to you as it has been for me.

I apologize to Alex for the coldness and harshness that I've presented towards you. I pray you do good and make Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, Virginia proud.

I'm still a Broadway High School fan, but I know Alex will do what's best for the Harrisonburg High School football team.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Often times when I read of some horrible massacre or crime, or whatever, I stop and remember that the perpetrator was somebody's cute little boy or girl one day. He was once a smiling little boy who brought great delight to his parents and everyone had high hopes for him. Maybe his parents even prayed for him every day. We know from the Bible that we reap what we sow (Gal. 6:7-8), but it is still sobering to reflect on the human side of people who doing bad things.

farmerswifederbymom said...

Well said Sally! Thanks for posting and sharing.

Anieta McCracken said...

It takes a lot of courage to make a "turn about" like that, doesn't it? I always struggle to find the right amounts of justice and grace. . .Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful!

farmerswifederbymom said...

Well, hey Brooke, nice to see you over here. And thanks for the comment!