Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall Is Almost Here......

I'm so excited Fall is almost here. The weather this week has been absolutely perfect. We have the windows open at night and it's just wonderful sleeping weather. This evening when I went out to feed all the animals, I actually got cold.

Football games, making apple butter and apple cider are just a few fun things to do and take part in, here in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Churches are having Harvest Festivals. The church up the road from our house has been making apple butter this week, they auction it off to help raise money for the different things. Each town has their own festivals. I think the biggest (correct me if I'm wrong) is in Dayton. That was started when I was little and it is huge now. But too crowded. They try to stuff too many people and businesses on a few streets and it's just not fun. I actually quit going a few years ago because I feel you can't enjoy what they have to offer when you're too busy crawling through a little space in the crowd. Dayton....I ask, can you please expand to other streets?

Broadway's is very nice. Some good things about this one is, they get more kids and schools involved. Plus you can actually walk around without running into people. Yet, it's very well attended. Enjoy the Fall weather. I feel it's God's break to us for our hot summer. Check out our local newspapers to see what is going on and where.

No comments: